Board and Executive team
All our work is overseen by a diverse Board who make key decisions on the work that's carried out by our eight-strong Executive team.
As an arm’s-length, body we produce an annual report summarising our work and detailing our accounts.
Equality and diversity
Tackling inequality is at the heart of our Towards an Active Nation strategy, and every part of the sporting landscape needs to be more equal and diverse – including us, our partners, staff and those we invest in.
Salary and spending transparency
As part of the Treasury’s transparency policy we publish the salaries of our Executive team, as well as our pay scale, payment performance and non-grant and Exchequer expenditure of more than £25,000.
Freedom of information
The Freedom of Information Act gives members of the public the right to access information held by public bodies.
Our publication scheme sets out information about who we are, how we’re organised, how we spend public and lottery money, what our goals are and how well we’re doing in meeting those goals.
Counter fraud policy statement
We encourage anyone with a concern about a funded project to contact us – you can do so via our contact page.
Meanwhile, below is our statement against fraud.
- Sport England does not and will not tolerate any form of fraud, corruption or bribery. We are committed to carrying out our business fairly, honestly and openly at all times. We do not, and will not, engage indirectly in or otherwise encourage bribery. We are committed to the prevention, deterrence and detection of bribery. We have zero tolerance towards bribery. We aim to maintain anti-bribery compliance “business as usual”, rather than as a one-off exercise.
- Sport England expects the highest standards of propriety from staff and organisations supplying services.
- Sport England works with colleagues, external suppliers and grant recipients to ensure we minimise the risk of fraud. Sport England seeks to deter and prevent fraud, corruption and bribery by designing and implementing proportionate policies, strong internal controls and systems to minimise risk.
- Sport England operates robust systems to detect fraud. Investigations into allegations of fraudulent activity are carried out by accredited counter-fraud specialists and adhere to the relevant investigatory legislation.
- Upon detection of fraud or any related criminal activity Sport England works with the relevant authorities to pursue prosecution. In addition, we will seek civil recovery of any funds that have not been used for the stated purposes will be sought as well as reasonable costs in seeking recovery.