We use social media to provide useful insight, information, resources and to communicate with those in the broader sport and physical activity sector.
We also use our channels to share news about our work, or that of our partners, in line with our Uniting the Movement strategy.
Comments or replies posted on our Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or YouTube accounts, which are not posted by Sport England, don’t necessarily represent our views.
We take care to ensure any information we share – such as a retweet – comes from credible sources. However, we don’t necessarily support or endorse all content on any feeds or websites mentioned on our social media channels.
It’s important our social media spaces are a respectful place for the community to have discussions and share their insights, comments or questions.
To make this possible, we ask you to follow the below community guidelines:
Be respectful of others
- Don’t make personal attacks in your comments
- Don’t post content that’s discriminatory, obscene, harassing, hateful, threatening, profane or personally abusive. Content that discriminates or contains inappropriate language will be removed
- Don’t post anything that could be libellous or defamatory.
- Help us stay spam-free by not posting repetitive, off-topic, irrelevant or unintelligible comments or content.
Follow platform guidelines
- Don’t breach any of the terms of any of the social media platforms themselves. This includes not posting sexually explicit or violent material.
Posts not adhering to our community guidelines may be removed or reported and users repeatedly posting content falling outside our guidelines may be banned from participation in our communities.
Our social media channels are moderated Monday-Friday, excluding bank holidays.
If you see something that goes against these guidelines, you’re welcome to send us a direct message on our social channels or visit our contact us page.