This Girl Can
This Girl Can is here to inspire women to wiggle, jiggle, move and prove that judgement is a barrier that can be overcome.
Funding for you
Read the latest news and information on our new funding opportunities.
New strategy 2016-2021
Our new strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
Partnering local government
Local government spends around £1 billion per year on sport and leisure. We work closely with local authorities to help them develop sport in their area.
Our Active Lives survey, delivered by Ipsos MORI, is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England. Find out more about the survey, how it works and what kinds of data it measures.
- Further funding for grassroots sport Our latest investment in grassroots sport is designed to get more people playing sport regularly.
- Focus on: children and young people We take a closer look at our investment in children and young people – and the launch our new Families Fund.
- Focus on: tackling inactivity part two Our Tackling Inactivity and Economic Disadvantage Fund will support people on a low income or no income at all.
- This Girl Can returns to our screens Nationwide campaign to get women and girls of all shape, size and ability active returns to inspire more women.
- Further funding to keep nation active New investment will help national governing bodies build on the millions already doing sport and activity.
- Community Asset Fund now open Sports clubs and community organisations can now apply for funding from our new programme.
- New Active Lives figures released Survey now collects data on physical activities such as dance and cycling for travel.
- Nick Bitel reappointed as Chair Nick Bitel reappointed by the Secretary of State as Chair of Sport England until April 2021.
In the spotlight
- Core market People who already play sport and get active are hugely valuable.
- Local delivery We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in several local pilots to get people active.
- Our vision for volunteering Putting the volunteer at the heart of our efforts is a key feature of our new strategy for volunteering.
- Coaching Good coaching is good for everyone – which is why we've produced The Coaching Plan for England.