Welcome to Sport England
Benefits of sport
At the heart of every investment we make is the wider benefits being active can bring – from a person's mental wellbeing to developing new skills.
Towards an Active Nation
Our strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
Find out about our open investment funds and get information on other ways you could secure funding.
Our Active Lives: Adult Survey is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the survey, how it works – and the results from our latest report.
- Building a stronger workforce We've developed a plan to give the best possible support to those in the sport and physical activity workforce.
- This Girl Can shines Down Under An Australian version of our flagship campaign has enjoyed huge success in getting more women active.
- New Chief Executive named Tim Hollingsworth will replace the departing Jennie Price as Sport England's new chief executive, in November.
- Getting active in the holidays To help children get active this summer, we’ve put together a collection of hints and tips that will get your creative juices flowing and the lungs blowing.
- £1.3million for health charities We're investing £1.3 million in the Richmond Group of Charities to tackle inactivity in those with long-term health conditions.
- Why we invest in football Investing in the grassroots game is a crucial part of our plan to build an active nation.
- MAN v FAT players lose 100,000lbs MAN v FAT football leagues have helped men lose more than 100,000 pounds of weight since January 2016.
- New Inclusive Activity Programme Disabled people will benefit from a new Activity Alliance programme launched with a £450,000 investment from us.
In the spotlight
- Got an idea? If you've got an idea that doesn't fit with any of our current funding streams, we'd still like to hear from you.
- Evaluation Framework Our resource helps get the maximum impact from investment in sport and activity.
- This Girl Can A celebration of active women everywhere that proves sport can be enjoyable regardless of size, ability or experience.
- Safeguarding Advice on protecting children and adults who do sport, plus information on the new Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts.
- Active Design Guidance on encouraging sport and physical activity through the design and layout of our built environment.
- Local delivery We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in 12 local pilots to get people active.