Funding for you
Find out the latest news, key dates and information on our new funding opportunities.
Our Active Lives survey, delivered by Ipsos MORI, is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England. Find out more about the survey, how it works and what kinds of data it measures.
This Girl Can
This Girl Can is here to inspire women to wiggle, jiggle, move and prove that judgement is a barrier that can be overcome.
The design of where we live and work plays a crucial role in getting us active.
Watch our new film to see how we help planners build active places.
Towards an Active Nation
Our strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
- Governance code comes into force Transformation in standards will see uncompromising approach for sports bodies that receive public funding.
- Further funding for grassroots sport Our latest investment in grassroots sport is designed to get more people playing sport regularly.
- Focus on: children and young people We take a closer look at our investment in children and young people – and the launch our new Families Fund.
- Focus on: tackling inactivity part two Our Tackling Inactivity and Economic Disadvantage Fund will support people on a low income or no income at all.
- This Girl Can returns to our screens Nationwide campaign to get women and girls of all shape, size and ability active returns to inspire more women.
- Further funding to keep nation active New investment will help national governing bodies build on the millions already doing sport and activity.
- Community Asset Fund now open Sports clubs and community organisations can now apply for funding from our new programme.
- New Active Lives figures released Survey now collects data on physical activities such as dance and cycling for travel.
In the spotlight
- Families Fund Our investment will offer new opportunities for families with children to get active and play sport together.
- Core market People who already play sport and get active are hugely valuable.
- Local delivery We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in several local pilots to get people active.
- Our vision for volunteering Putting the volunteer at the heart of our efforts is a key feature of our new strategy for volunteering.
- Coaching Good coaching is good for everyone – which is why we've produced The Coaching Plan for England.