How we’re investing in projects that improve people’s mental wellbeing through sport and physical activity.
Funding for you
Find out the latest news, key dates and information on our new funding opportunities.
Our Active Lives survey, delivered by Ipsos MORI, is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England. Find out more about the survey, how it works and what kinds of data it measures.
This Girl Can
This Girl Can is here to inspire women to wiggle, jiggle, move and prove that judgement is a barrier that can be overcome.
- Nominations open for annual awards Daily Mirror Pride of Sport Awards to celebrate unsung grassroots heroes.
- More funding to tackle inactivity Confirmation of the revised timeline for our latest fund to help tackle inactivity.
- Coaching certificate under review Sport and Recreation Alliance to lead a review into UK Coaching Certificate.
- Greater Manchester on a mission Ambitious plan to get people of Manchester active launched by mayor of Greater Manchester.
- Governance code response praised National governing bodies praised by Sports Minister for response to new governance code.
- This Girl Can goes global We're taking This Girl Can to Australia as we team up with VicHealth to get women active.
- Vote now for InstructAbility National programme supporting disabled people into fitness careers up for National Lottery Award.
- School’s out for shake ups We're partnering with Disney and Change4Life to get 5-11 year-olds active over the holidays.
In the spotlight
- Families Fund Our Families Fund will offer new opportunities for families with children to get active and play sport together.
- Core market People who already play sport and get active are hugely valuable.
- Local delivery We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in several local pilots to get people active.
- Our vision for volunteering Putting the volunteer at the heart of our efforts is a key feature of our new strategy for volunteering.
- Coaching Good coaching is good for everyone – which is why we've produced The Coaching Plan for England.