Funding for you
Find out the latest news, key dates and information on our new funding opportunities.
Our Active Lives survey, delivered by Ipsos MORI, is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England. Find out more about the survey, how it works and what kinds of data it measures.
This Girl Can
This Girl Can is here to inspire women to wiggle, jiggle, move and prove that judgement is a barrier that can be overcome.
The design of where we live and work plays a crucial role in getting us active.
Watch our new film to see how we help planners build active places.
- Swimming: health benefits proven Swimming regularly can reduce the risk of death by 28 per cent, says a new study by Swim England.
- Women's Sport Week returns National awareness week returns for a third year to boost the profile of women’s sport.
- CEO recognised in Birthday Honours Our chief executive, Jennie Price, has been awarded a CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours list.
- Using sport to make a difference How one teenager's remarkable work shows the ability of sport and activity to help the community.
- Supporting people with dementia We’re shining the spotlight on a project in Norfolk that uses sport and activity to help those living with dementia.
- Riding through tough times Keri discovered cycling in her battle with the "black dog", and hasn't looked back since.
- Duty of Care review welcomed Independent review led by Baroness Grey-Thompson into welfare and well-being in sport is published following government strategy.
- Governance code comes into force Transformation in standards will see uncompromising approach for sports bodies that receive public funding.
In the spotlight
- Families Fund Our investment will offer new opportunities for families with children to get active and play sport together.
- Core market People who already play sport and get active are hugely valuable.
- Local delivery We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in several local pilots to get people active.
- Our vision for volunteering Putting the volunteer at the heart of our efforts is a key feature of our new strategy for volunteering.
- Coaching Good coaching is good for everyone – which is why we've produced The Coaching Plan for England.