Welcome to Sport England
Benefits of sport
At the heart of every investment we make is the wider benefits being active can bring – from a person's mental wellbeing to developing new skills.
Towards an Active Nation
Our strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
Find out about our open investment funds and get information on other ways you could secure funding.
Our Active Lives: Adult Survey is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the survey, how it works – and the results from our latest report.
- Moving Medicine tool launched The Moving Medicine to help healthcare professionals talk to patients about the benefits of physical activity is now live.
- ISPAH 2018 kicks off in London We're co-hosting the International Society for Physical Activity and Health Congress with Public Health England.
- Almost 300,000 more people active Latest Active Lives Adult Survey figures show 300,000 more people are active as inactivity rates begin to improve.
- Beat the Street to expand in England Beat the Street game awarded £3.3 million to expand with 59 new games in England.
- Diversity funding for leadership roles The Lottery and Exchequer money will aim to provide 140 'board ready' candidates by 2021.
- Major investment in cycling A £15 million government investment into cycling facilities is to be delivered by Sport England and British Cycling.
- Nearly £1 million for coach training The Royal Foundation's Coach Core project will increase its sites from 10 to 20, enabling 200 more apprenticeships.
- Teacher training targets school PE We're leading a consortium to invest up to £13.5million in training 17,000 secondary school PE teachers.
In the spotlight
- Evaluation Framework Our resource helps get the maximum impact from investment in sport and activity.
- This Girl Can A celebration of active women everywhere that proves sport can be enjoyable regardless of size, ability or experience.
- Safeguarding Advice on protecting children and adults who do sport, plus information on the new Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts.
- Active Design Guidance on encouraging sport and physical activity through the design and layout of our built environment.
- Local Delivery Pilots We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in 12 local pilots to get people active.