Welcome to Sport England
Benefits of sport
At the heart of every investment we make is the wider benefits being active can bring – from a person's mental wellbeing to developing new skills.
Towards an Active Nation
Our strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
Find out about our open investment funds and get information on other ways you could secure funding.
Our Active Lives: Adult Survey is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the survey, how it works – and the results from our latest report.
- Youth volunteering in action One year on from the launch of our Potentials Fund projects, we look at how they're making an impact.
- Funding for social action projects To kick off #iwillWeek we announce two more awards from our Potentials Fund, aiming to enable youth social action.
- Funding for low income groups More than £3 million has been allocated to 34 projects to help tackle inactivity in lower income groups.
- Fit Got Real launches The new phase of This Girl Can aims to tackle the social and gender gaps in exercise levels around the country.
- Nine new awards from Families Fund More than £3.2 million of National Lottery money awarded in latest round of Families Fund announcements.
- Moving Medicine tool launched The Moving Medicine to help healthcare professionals talk to patients about the benefits of physical activity is now live.
- ISPAH 2018 kicks off in London We're co-hosting the International Society for Physical Activity and Health Congress with Public Health England.
- Almost 300,000 more people active Latest Active Lives Adult Survey figures show 300,000 more people are active as inactivity rates begin to improve.
In the spotlight
- Evaluation Framework Our resource helps get the maximum impact from investment in sport and activity.
- This Girl Can A celebration of active women everywhere that proves sport can be enjoyable regardless of size, ability or experience.
- Safeguarding Advice on protecting children and adults who do sport, plus information on the new Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts.
- Active Design Guidance on encouraging sport and physical activity through the design and layout of our built environment.
- Local Delivery Pilots We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in 12 local pilots to get people active.