Welcome to Sport England
Benefits of sport
At the heart of every investment we make is the wider benefits being active can bring – from a person's mental wellbeing to developing new skills.
Towards an Active Nation
Our strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
Find out about our open investment funds and get information on other ways you could secure funding.
Our Active Lives: Adult Survey is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the survey, how it works – and the results from our latest report.
- Funding to help children get active The Daily Mile aims to use our £1.5 million funding to get every primary school in England participating.
- Partnership with parkrun worth £3m A £3 million investment in parkrun aims to increase participation among under-represented groups.
- Playing fields safeguarded We've protected sports provision in 93% of planning applications affecting playing fields.
- More than 40% of children are active Our first-ever Active Lives Children and Young People report gives insight into activity levels of nation's children.
- Volunteers to get active outdoors Three more awards are being made from our Opportunity Fund, using nature to encourage active volunteers.
- Crowdfunding for an Active Nation We've partnered with Crowdfunder for a pilot scheme involving 23 Community Asset Fund projects.
- Improving LGBT experience of sport As part of Rainbow Laces 2018, we give an update on our work in the LGBT sport and physical activity sector.
- Cricket recruiting new mentors We award ECB £1.2 million of National Lottery money to recruit South Asian women as cricket volunteers.
In the spotlight
- Evaluation Framework Our resource helps get the maximum impact from investment in sport and activity.
- This Girl Can A celebration of active women everywhere that proves sport can be enjoyable regardless of size, ability or experience.
- Safeguarding Advice on protecting children and adults who do sport, plus information on the new Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts.
- Active Design Guidance on encouraging sport and physical activity through the design and layout of our built environment.
- Local Delivery Pilots We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in 12 local pilots to get people active.