Towards an Active Nation
Our strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
Benefits of sport
At the heart of every investment we make is the wider benefits being active can bring – from a person's mental wellbeing to developing new skills.
Find out about our open investment funds and get information on other ways you could secure funding.
Our Active Lives: Adult Survey is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the survey, how it works – and the results from our latest report.
Making a difference
We're using the power of sport and activity to make a difference to people's lives.
Read about some of the projects we're supporting.
- Take part in our schools pilot Would your school like to take part in a pilot project that will improve the quality of PE and sport you offer?
- Ready for new data protection laws? Help your sports club become compliant with the new General Data Protection Regulations with this free toolkit.
- Investing in talent at Gold Coast 2018 We’ve invested £4 million of National Lottery funding to prepare Team England for the Commonwealth Games.
- This Girl Can hits Australia The campaign celebrating active women has travelled more than 10,000 miles with an all-new version in Australia.
- Figures show nation's activity levels Latest figures from our Active Lives Adult Survey show 27.7 million people aged 16+ in England are active.
- Get Set To Go gets £1.5 million boost We’re extending our partnership with Mind to help people with mental health problems get active.
- New playing fields planning guidance Our guidance on planning applications affecting playing fields has been updated to help protect the spaces where people get active.
- Get moving at work with Sport Relief We’ve partnered with Sport Relief to encourage employers to help their staff get more active.
In the spotlight
- This Girl Can A celebration of active women everywhere that proves sport can be enjoyable regardless of size, ability or experience.
- Safeguarding Advice on protecting children and adults who do sport, plus information on the new Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts.
- Active Design We’ve worked with Public Health England to show how the design of where we live and work can encourage activity.
- Our vision for volunteering Putting the volunteer at the heart of our efforts is a key feature of our new strategy for volunteering.
- Local delivery We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in 12 local pilots to get people active.