Welcome to Sport England
Benefits of sport
At the heart of every investment we make is the wider benefits being active can bring – from a person's mental wellbeing to developing new skills.
Towards an Active Nation
Our strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
Find out about our open investment funds and get information on other ways you could secure funding.
Our Active Lives Surveys are a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the surveys, how they work – and the results from our latest reports.
- Coastal youths helped to get active The Dame Kelly Holmes Trust will work with 700 young people in eight disadvantaged coastal communities.
- Online course to coach coaches The Open University is developing a free online course to help build a better sport and physical activity workforce.
- Guide to dementia-friendly activity How we're working with the Alzheimer’s Society to help people with dementia live active lives.
- Going round the world with Mencap More than 4,000 people with learning disabilities are being helped to get active thanks to a £1 million investment.
- StreetGames to expand in 50 areas The charity will work in the most disadvantaged parts of England thanks to a £6.6m award.
- NGBs supported in activity drive Ten national governing bodies will use a share of more than £16 million to help people get or stay active.
- Funding to help children get active The Daily Mile aims to use our £1.5 million funding to get every primary school in England participating.
- Partnership with parkrun worth £3m A £3 million investment in parkrun aims to increase participation among under-represented groups.
In the spotlight
- Evaluation Framework Our resource helps get the maximum impact from investment in sport and activity.
- This Girl Can A celebration of active women everywhere that proves sport can be enjoyable regardless of size, ability or experience.
- Safeguarding Advice on protecting children and adults who do sport, plus information on the new Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts.
- Active Design Guidance on encouraging sport and physical activity through the design and layout of our built environment.
- Local Delivery Pilots We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in 12 local pilots to get people active.