Benefits of sport
At the heart of every investment we make is the wider benefits being active can bring – from a person's mental wellbeing to developing new skills.
Towards an Active Nation
Our strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
Find out about our open investment funds and get information on other ways you could secure funding.
Our Active Lives: Adult Survey is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the survey, how it works – and the results from our latest report.
- New £40m fund to get families active Domestic abuse victims are among more than 15,000 families set to benefit from the new £40 million fund.
- Stars support Backing the Best Backing the Best workshop provides insight into life of an elite athlete as new wave of young athletes gain funding.
- Jennie Price to leave Sport England After 11 years at the helm, Jennie Price will leave her role as Chief Executive of Sport England at the end of October.
- Lottery windfall for sports projects Eighteen organisations across England that help people stay active will benefit from new National Lottery funding.
- OpenActive Accelerator launched Ten startups will spend the next six months developing new ways for people to get physically active.
- Take part in our schools pilot Would your school like to take part in a pilot project that will improve the quality of PE and sport you offer?
- Ready for new data protection laws? Help your sports club become compliant with the new General Data Protection Regulations with this free toolkit.
- Investing in talent at Gold Coast 2018 We’ve invested £4 million of National Lottery funding to prepare Team England for the Commonwealth Games.
In the spotlight
- Got an idea? If you've got an idea that doesn't fit with any of our current funding streams, we'd still like to hear from you.
- Evaluation Framework Our resource helps get the maximum impact from investment in sport and activity.
- This Girl Can A celebration of active women everywhere that proves sport can be enjoyable regardless of size, ability or experience.
- Safeguarding Advice on protecting children and adults who do sport, plus information on the new Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts.
- Active Design Guidance on encouraging sport and physical activity through the design and layout of our built environment.
- Local delivery We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in 12 local pilots to get people active.