Our Active Lives: Adult Survey is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the survey, how it works – and the results from our latest report.
How we’re investing in projects that improve people’s mental wellbeing through sport and physical activity.
This Girl Can
This Girl Can is here to inspire women to wiggle, jiggle, move and prove that judgement is a barrier that can be overcome.
- Breath of fresh air for carers We're funding a pilot project that helps carers – and the people they care for – experience the joy of walking.
- Fresh insight into volunteer habits Latest Active Lives Adult data provides in-depth picture of volunteering in sport and activity.
- Investment to get older people active We’re funding 20 projects across England to reduce the number of inactive older adults.
- Lifting the lid on Active Lives In the first of a series of reports, we uncover the statistics that reveal why women are less active than men.
- Latest funding to keep nation active New funding for national governing bodies to boost grassroots sport and reach under-represented groups.
- Top gong for parkrun at #NLAwards New scheme from parkrun voted nation’s favourite at televised National Lottery Awards.
- Fighting fit for football The power and popularity of football is helping more men lose weight – and experience the benefits of getting active.
- Colleges awarded £5m funding boost We’re funding 49 further education colleges across England to help get students active and improve wellbeing.
In the spotlight
- Families Fund Our Families Fund will offer new opportunities for families with children to get active and play sport together.
- Our vision for volunteering Putting the volunteer at the heart of our efforts is a key feature of our new strategy for volunteering.
- Core market People who already play sport and get active are hugely valuable.
- Local delivery We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in several local pilots to get people active.
- Coaching Good coaching is good for everyone – which is why we've produced The Coaching Plan for England.