Our Active Lives: Adult Survey is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the survey, how it works – and the results from our latest report.
How we’re investing in projects that improve people’s mental wellbeing through sport and physical activity.
This Girl Can
This Girl Can is here to inspire women to wiggle, jiggle, move and prove that judgement is a barrier that can be overcome.
- Power of cricket shines through Cricket charity Chance to Shine will reach more young adults through its popular Street programme.
- Mental health linked to exercise Research backed by us has highlighted the importance of physical activity on mental wellbeing.
- One-to-Watch shortlist announced Ten of the most promising young athletes in the country have been shortlisted for a top award.
- Driving a new Open Data future We're already seeing results from a major national drive to unlock sport and physical activity opportunity data.
- Breath of fresh air for carers We're funding a pilot project that helps carers – and the people they care for – experience the joy of walking.
- Fresh insight into volunteer habits Latest Active Lives Adult data provides in-depth picture of volunteering in sport and activity.
- Investment to get older people active We’re funding 20 projects across England to reduce the number of inactive older adults.
- Lifting the lid on Active Lives In the first of a series of reports, we uncover the statistics that reveal why women are less active than men.
In the spotlight
- Families Fund Our Families Fund will offer new opportunities for families with children to get active and play sport together.
- Our vision for volunteering Putting the volunteer at the heart of our efforts is a key feature of our new strategy for volunteering.
- Core market People who already play sport and get active are hugely valuable.
- Local delivery We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in several local pilots to get people active.
- Coaching Good coaching is good for everyone – which is why we've produced The Coaching Plan for England.