How we’re investing in projects that improve people’s mental wellbeing through sport and physical activity.
Funding for you
Find out the latest news, key dates and information on our new funding opportunities.
Our Active Lives survey, delivered by Ipsos MORI, is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England. Find out more about the survey, how it works and what kinds of data it measures.
This Girl Can
This Girl Can is here to inspire women to wiggle, jiggle, move and prove that judgement is a barrier that can be overcome.
- This Girl Can goes global Our taking This Girl Can to Australia as we team up with the world’s first health promotion foundation to get women active.
- Vote now for InstructAbility National programme supporting disabled people into fitness careers up for National Lottery Award.
- School’s out for shake ups We're partnering with Disney and Change4Life to get 5-11 year-olds active over the holidays.
- New pledges to support social action Our support of the #iwill campaign continues with new pledges to help create social action opportunities.
- Families Fund now open Expressions of interest now open for our latest funding programme to help families with children get active.
- Funding boost for talent Funding for our Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme to continue for next three years.
- Backing the Best returns Backing the Best workshop sees new wave of support for talented young athletes announced.
- Swimming: health benefits proven Swimming regularly can reduce the risk of death by 28 per cent, says a new study by Swim England.
In the spotlight
- Families Fund Our Families Fund will offer new opportunities for families with children to get active and play sport together.
- Core market People who already play sport and get active are hugely valuable.
- Local delivery We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in several local pilots to get people active.
- Our vision for volunteering Putting the volunteer at the heart of our efforts is a key feature of our new strategy for volunteering.
- Coaching Good coaching is good for everyone – which is why we've produced The Coaching Plan for England.