News and Features
- News Due to the wide range of work that we do there is always a new story to be told.
- Latest from the Pitch Our regular newsletter brings you the latest news and announcements direct to your inbox.
- Image library We have hundreds of community sport images for you to download and use to promote your project.
- Figures show nation's activity levels Latest figures from our Active Lives Adult Survey show 27.7 million people aged 16+ in England are active.
- Get Set To Go gets £1.5 million boost We’re extending our partnership with Mind to help people with mental health problems get active.
- New playing fields planning guidance Our guidance on planning applications affecting playing fields has been updated to help protect the spaces where people get active.
- Get moving at work with Sport Relief We’ve partnered with Sport Relief to encourage employers to help their staff get more active.
- From 'local joke' to community asset With the help of our funding, Furness Vale's football pitch has been developed into a thriving, active green space.
- Getting people on low incomes active We’re investing in 26 projects that use physical activity to improve the health and wellbeing of people on low incomes.
- Targets to build an active nation We want to get 500,000 more people active by 2020, with a focus on women and lower socio-economic groups.
- Major health congress in London We're co-hosting the world's biggest health congress, and there's still time to be involved and showcase your work.
- A new way of sharing our grants data Our partnership with 360Giving allows us to share information on our funding in an open and accessible way.
- High compliance with new code A vast majority of national sport bodies – 55 out of 58 so far – have complied with new Code for Sports Governance.