News and Features
- News Due to the wide range of work that we do there is always a new story to be told.
- Latest from the Pitch Our regular newsletter brings you the latest news and announcements direct to your inbox.
- Image library We have hundreds of community sport images for you to download and use to promote your project.
- Being active linked to mental health People who are regularly active enjoy better mental wellbeing, new Active Lives analysis shows.
- Further playing fields safeguarded We've protected more than 1,000 playing fields by objecting to potentially harmful planning applications.
- Pioneering pilots to tackle inactivity Twelve new pilot projects will test bold new approaches to help people who are missing out on physical activity.
- Changing the face of volunteering Our £4.4 million National Lottery investment to attract new and diverse volunteers.
- Power of cricket shines through Cricket charity Chance to Shine will reach more young adults through its popular Street programme.
- Mental health linked to exercise Research backed by us has highlighted the importance of physical activity on mental wellbeing.
- One-to-Watch shortlist announced Ten of the most promising young athletes in the country have been shortlisted for a top award.
- Driving a new Open Data future We're already seeing results from a major national drive to unlock sport and physical activity opportunity data.
- Breath of fresh air for carers We're funding a pilot project that helps carers – and the people they care for – experience the joy of walking.
- Fresh insight into volunteer habits Latest Active Lives Adult data provides in-depth picture of volunteering in sport and activity.