Tackling inactivity and advocating for movement, sport and physical activity is a major part of our Uniting the Movement strategy. The Strategic Facilities Fund aims to support projects that can encourage people to lead an active and healthy lifestyle. By helping to build the right facilities in the right places, the fund can help deliver local outcomes essential to those communities.
The key objectives of the fund are:
- To encourage the market to be clear about the purpose of their investment, encouraging development of sustainable environments capable of supporting service delivery that delivers against local outcomes
- To encourage the market to work collaboratively (cross-sector and boundaries) using research to determine local outcomes, target audience and the behaviour change needed to achieve the outcomes
- To attract capital investment into local facilities, providing new opportunities to encourage people to live healthier and more active lifestyles.
Strategic Facilities Fund - key facts
- Anticipated size of bids: Grants of between £500,000 and £2 million can be considered for a standalone project, or as a contribution to a strategic plan that includes more than one project
- Who we want to work with: Local authorities that are actively developing a strategic vision for their area through cross-sector collaboration, customer insight and identifying local priorities (although the applicant body may be a different organisation)
- Fund goal: To support the sector to invest strategically in facilities to deliver local outcomes essential to local communities.