This fund makes awards using National Lottery and government funding, of between £300 and £10,000 from a total pot of £15m, to help clubs and organisations providing sport and physical activity respond to the immediate challenges of returning to play in a coronavirus-safe way.
This could include contributing to covering the increased costs due to changing how or where you deliver your activity – for example, you require more coaches due to having to deliver activity in smaller groups than normal or having additional hygiene and safety equipment.
Funding could also be used for minor amendments to facilities to allow social distancing, additional sports equipment to minimise sharing, and training courses to help you deliver your activities safely.
We also know many people have had their activity levels significantly changed due to the pandemic and may not wish to return to their previous activity.
This may be because of health concerns, such as not wishing to travel far or because of fears on social distancing.
Therefore, we’ll now consider new or adapted projects that respond to the needs of participants and help people to get active again.
- Awards of £300-£10,000 are possible
- Awards are to help with essential changes to services or facilities and for new projects responding to the need to offer alternatives as a result of the pandemic.
- All applications should be focused on responding to the effects of the pandemic.
- Applications should be in line with the government's national and local guidelines at the time you apply.
- Applications can be received by not-for-profit organisations.
- As a guide, we'll consider applications for projects six months in length - longer projects will be considered under exceptional circumstances.
- The programme will close for applications on 23 December 2021.
- We'll launch our Queen's Platinum Jubilee Activity Fund in January 2022, which will provide funding of up to £10,000 for sport and physical activity projects tackling inequalities and building stronger communities - more information about this fund will be available in due course.