This fund makes awards using National Lottery funding, of between £1 and £10,000 from an initial pot of £3.5m, to help community sport and physical activity groups create or improve facilities in their local area.
With a focus on projects solely within the West Midlands region, Places and Spaces is a match-funding initiative, delivered in partnership with Crowdfunder.
We launched, and continue to run, a similar national fund in May 2020 – Return to Play: Active Together. So far, we’ve seen some incredible campaigns that really help to activate a community and ease the burden that the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic has had across our sector.
As such, the aim of Places and Spaces is to use a similar model to unite communities and leave a legacy from the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
- Awards (or ‘pledges’) of between £1 and £10,000 are possible.
- You must set up a crowdfunding campaign before we’ll consider a pledge towards that campaign.
- All campaigns should be a celebration of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, providing information on how the place or space is going to provide a legacy and unite your community.
- We anticipate the fund will remain open until December 2022.
- Applications can be made by not-for-profit organisations for the benefit of people and communities within the West Midlands region.