Please note, this fund is now closed.
Intended applicants were clubs and organisations that could deliver sport or activity safely for disabled people.
The following are examples, but not an exhaustive list, of uses for the funding:
- Additional sports equipment, or coaches/instructors for additional sessions because of having to deliver to smaller groups than normal.
- Signage, sanitation, or training courses to help clubs deliver activities safely and accessibly.
- To purchase additional equipment to send to individual club member’s homes on a loan basis, until they’re ready and confident to return to take part within the club environment.
The Toyota Parasport Fund offered funding to projects involving adults and young people aged five or over, which met our aims and the qualifying criteria.
The spend on the project should be completed within a 12-month period from the date of the award letter and aim to start within six weeks of the award letter.
This funding wasn’t designed to help with general running costs.
Who and what we're funding
Who can apply
You could apply if your organisation is a voluntary or community club or organisation, registered charity, not-for-profit company or community interest company.Read more
Organisations established to make a profit could apply, provided the project doesn’t make a profit that can be passed on to shareholders or directors.
Other social enterprises, schools or statutory bodies were also eligible.
Who can't apply
There are some entities we weren't able to fund through the Toyota Parasport fund:
- Individuals or sole traders
- Organisations not established in England
- Organisations/clubs that are starting up or don’t yet exist
- Applications made by one organisation on behalf of another (unless applying on behalf of a partnership)
- Organisations applying for funding to cover general running costs.
After you've applied
We’ll aim to get a decision to you within eight weeks of the funding window closing.
We anticipate a high demand for limited funding, so please bear with us as our staff respond to the applications.
We’ll assess applications in the order they’re submitted. If we need some more information, we may contact you.
Please be aware that the Toyota Parasport Fund has a finite amount of money and may have to turn down eligible and potentially fundable projects simply because we don’t have enough money to support everything we’d like to.
If you're successful
While we can consider your application with just your application form, we’ll only be able to make a final decision to pay an award when we have the following documents:
- Governing document/constitution
- Most recent financial accounts – if you’re a new organisation, please submit a three-year income and expenditure forecast
- Last three bank statements – if you’re a new organisation, please provide evidence that you have a bank account
- Safeguarding policies (if relevant to your project)
Once those documents are received and you’re successful, you'll receive an award agreement by email stating the purpose of the award and containing our terms and conditions, along with our monitoring and evaluation requirements.
It'll also contain forms you'll need to fill in to accept and claim your award. Please read your award letter carefully and keep it safe for future reference.
Your grant is intended specifically for what you've applied for, and any proposed changes should be discussed with us in advance.
You should also keep all receipts and evidence of expenditure. Payments for goods and services for the project should be made directly from the organisation’s bank account (i.e. not by cash) as we may request bank statements to verify project expenditure.