Arm yourself with the best possible evidence for decision-making. The Value of Sport Monitor keeps a critical eye on all the latest sports research.
Besides commissioning its own research on the value of sport, Sport England also works with others to collect and review data from across the world.
The aim is to bring together the latest evidence in an easy-to-use resource. This can aid policymakers in making sound decisions, and help practitioners deliver what works best.
The Value of Sport Monitor is a joint Sport England and UK Sport initiative, working with the University of Stirling.
As well as gathering worldwide research, the initiative reviews its strengths and weaknesses, to offer the most informed picture.
The research is grouped into seven themes.
Read the summaries or find out more about the individual research studies (below).
The Value of Sport Monitor was last updated in November 2012.
- File size: 350KB Value of Sport Monitor criteria for inclusion Download
- File size: 45KB Social capacity and cohesion summary Download
- File size: 49KB Education and lifelong learning summary Download
- File size: 47KB Crime reduction and community safety summary Download
- File size: 54KB Physical fitness and health summary Download
- File size: 48KB Psychological health and well being summary Download
- File size: 49KB Economic impact and regeneration of local communities Download
- Crime reduction and community safety Research on sports based programmes for 'at risk' communities and programmes aimed at the rehabilitation of offenders Read more
- Economic impact and regeneration of local communities Research on the economic importance of sport and of fitness and health Read more
- Education and lifelong learning Research in three broad areas including the direct relationship between sport and school-based educational performance. Read more
- Physical fitness and health Research and evidence on complex and wide-ranging issues relating to the impact of physical activity on health Read more
- Measurement and evalution Research and evidence about measurement and evaluation Read more
- Participation Research on the relationship between participation in childhood, adolescence and lifelong participation, and the impacting factors Read more
- Psychological health and wellbeing Work covering the relationship between physical activity and general aspects of psychological well-being Read more
- Social capacity and cohesion Research addressing the community impact of sport, of sport volunteering and of sports development programmes Read more
- Criteria for inclusion of entries Learn about our selection criteria for including research in the Value of Sport Monitor. Read more
- Value of Sport Monitor keywords Various keywords have been used to help categorise the research in the Value of Sport Monitor Read more