The UK’s sports councils have today published new guidance for transgender inclusion in domestic sport.
The Sports Councils’ Equality Group (SCEG), made up of representatives from each of the UK’s sports councils (UK Sport, Sport England, Sport Wales, sportscotland and Sport Northern Ireland), commissioned a review of its existing guidance (2013/15) for the inclusion of transgender people in sport last year, recognising that sport at every level required more practical advice and support.
This review investigated the views, knowledge, and experience of hundreds of people with a lived experience in sport, including transgender people, and also explored the background to current policies domestically and internationally and considered the latest scientific findings affecting the inclusion of transgender people in domestic sport.
New guidance has been published on the SCEG website, alongside a number of other supporting documents.
The nine documents being published today are:
- Guidance for Transgender Inclusion in Domestic Sport 2021
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Guidance for Transgender Inclusion in Domestic Sport 2021 – Summary of Background Documents
- Transgender International Research Literature Review 2021
- Transgender International Policy Review 2021
- Summary of the Gender Recognition Act 2004
- Summary of the Equality Act 2010
- Equality Impact Assessment on the Guidance for Transgender Inclusion in Domestic Sport 2021
- Project Report on the Review of the Guidance for Transgender Inclusion in Domestic Sport 2021