Further information on the PE and Sport Premium fund can be found here.
Watch our exclusive films (right) for a comprehensive guide to all aspects of physical activity in Primary Schools.
We are working with other national partners and the Government to support the Primary PE and Sport Premium fund and have collectively developed the following vision for PE and School Sport:
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport
The national partners have also produced a series of guidance documents to promote best practice for primary schools. These are available in the download section below.
One of the guidance documents focuses on the ‘Employment and Deployment of Coaches’. A useful portal, designed for primary school Head Teachers, featuring further information and guidance on using sports coaches in primary schools, agreed by national partners and hosted on the sports coach UK website. Further information can be found here.
In order to support primary schools, county sports partnerships (CSPs) across England have a role to play in advocating, supporting and sign-posting schools in making best use of their premium funding.
- The Association for Physical Education (afPE) is the only physical education subject association in the UK. We are committed to being the representative organisation of choice for people and organisations delivering or supporting the delivery of physical education in schools and in the wider community.
- The CSP Network brings together the nationwide network of local county sports partnerships, which aim to improve lives by growing grassroots sport and physical activity. More info can be found here.
- Compass, the association for private providers of children’s sport and physical activity, has joined forces with ukactive to form the only national body truly committed to undertaking research and campaigns to embed activity throughout the entire life course. Watch this space as later this year we will release guidance on standards for delivery activity to children, and then there is a lot more to come.
- Sports coach UK is the lead coaching agency in the UK, and has collaborated with National Partners to produce a free to access web portal containing all the information schools require to maximise the use of coaches in their school through the Primary PE and Sport Premium. For more information please visit the Coaching in Primary Schools Portal.
- The Youth Sport Trust is a national charity that is building a brighter future for young people through PE and sport. Through 20 years experience, we have developed a unique way of maximising the power of sport to grow young people, schools and communities through the development of qualities including creativity, aspiration, resilience and empathy.