Welcome to Sport England
Benefits of sport
At the heart of every investment we make is the wider benefits being active can bring – from a person's mental wellbeing to developing new skills.
Towards an Active Nation
Our strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
Find out about our open investment funds and get information on other ways you could secure funding.
Our Active Lives Surveys are a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the surveys, how they work – and the results from our latest reports.
- Para-swimmer named One-to-Watch Para-swimmer and Backing the Best athlete Ellie Challis wins prestigious One-to-Watch award.
- Athletes nominated for award Five of our Backing the Best athletes are nominated for the prestigious SportsAid One-to-Watch award.
- Thanking National Lottery players More than 30 sports organisations have written an open letter highlighting the impact of National Lottery funding.
- On a digital journey We give you an update on how the digital innovation and open data strands of our strategy are progressing.
- New Parasport fund announced We've teamed up with the British Paralympic Association to deliver a new £250,000 fund for disabled people.
- Work in low socio-economic groups We take a look at some of the projects working to help people from lower socio-economic groups get active.
- Pledge to get Manchester moving We've refreshed our unique agreement with Greater Manchester to help decrease inactivity in the region.
- One million more active people Latest Active Lives Adult Survey shows a record number of people are more active than when the survey began.
In the spotlight
- Evaluation Framework Our Evaluation Framework will help you design and deliver an effective evaluation for your sport and physical activity project.
- This Girl Can A celebration of active women everywhere that proves sport can be enjoyable regardless of size, ability or experience.
- Safeguarding Advice on protecting children and adults who do sport, plus information on the new Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts.
- Active Design Guidance on encouraging sport and physical activity through the design and layout of our built environment.
- Local Delivery Pilots We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in 12 local pilots to get people active.