Our Active Lives: Adult Survey is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the survey, how it works – and the results from our latest report.
How we’re investing in projects that improve people’s mental wellbeing through sport and physical activity.
This Girl Can
This Girl Can is here to inspire women to wiggle, jiggle, move and prove that judgement is a barrier that can be overcome.
- A new way of sharing our grants data Our partnership with 360Giving allows us to share information on our funding in an open and accessible way.
- High compliance with new code A vast majority of national sport bodies – 55 out of 58 so far – have complied with new Code for Sports Governance.
- Being active linked to mental health People who are regularly active enjoy better mental wellbeing, new Active Lives analysis shows.
- Further playing fields safeguarded We've protected more than 1,000 playing fields by objecting to potentially harmful planning applications.
- Pioneering pilots to tackle inactivity We've chosen the final list of 12 pilot projects to help people who are missing out on physical activity.
- Changing the face of volunteering Our £4.4 million National Lottery investment to attract new and diverse volunteers.
- Power of cricket shines through Cricket charity Chance to Shine will reach more young adults through its popular Street programme.
- Tackling disability barriers We will be among a wide range of organisations working together to remove barriers to activity for disabled people
In the spotlight
- Families Fund Our Families Fund will offer new opportunities for families with children to get active and play sport together.
- Our vision for volunteering Putting the volunteer at the heart of our efforts is a key feature of our new strategy for volunteering.
- Core market People who already play sport and get active are hugely valuable.
- Local delivery We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in several local pilots to get people active.
- Coaching Good coaching is good for everyone – which is why we've produced The Coaching Plan for England.