How we’re investing in projects that improve people’s mental wellbeing through sport and physical activity.
Funding for you
Find out the latest news, key dates and information on our new funding opportunities.
Our Active Lives survey, delivered by Ipsos MORI, is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England. Find out more about the survey, how it works and what kinds of data it measures.
This Girl Can
This Girl Can is here to inspire women to wiggle, jiggle, move and prove that judgement is a barrier that can be overcome.
- Fighting fit for football The power and popularity of football is helping more men lose weight – and experience the benefits of getting active.
- Colleges awarded £5m funding boost We’re funding 49 further education colleges across England to help get students active and improve wellbeing.
- Take on the #MyMiles challenge Take part in SportsAid Week – and help raise money to support our next crop of talented young athletes.
- New funding to transform sector Major investment to create new workforce opportunities for sport and activity sector.
- National Lottery making a difference Showcasing National Lottery-funded projects that help young people get active.
- New accreditation scheme for talent Colleges and universities recognised in scheme to support young talent.
- Power of sport to help tackle crime Pioneering investment to look into the role of sport in tackling crime.
- Young stars shine at School Games Talented school-age athletes take part in annual sporting extravaganza.
In the spotlight
- Families Fund Our Families Fund will offer new opportunities for families with children to get active and play sport together.
- Our vision for volunteering Putting the volunteer at the heart of our efforts is a key feature of our new strategy for volunteering.
- Core market People who already play sport and get active are hugely valuable.
- Local delivery We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in several local pilots to get people active.
- Coaching Good coaching is good for everyone – which is why we've produced The Coaching Plan for England.