Our Active Lives: Adult Survey is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the survey, how it works – and the results from our latest report.
How we’re investing in projects that improve people’s mental wellbeing through sport and physical activity.
This Girl Can
This Girl Can is here to inspire women to wiggle, jiggle, move and prove that judgement is a barrier that can be overcome.
- Being active linked to mental health People who are regularly active enjoy better mental wellbeing, new Active Lives analysis shows.
- Further playing fields safeguarded We've protected more than 1,000 playing fields by objecting to potentially harmful planning applications.
- Pioneering pilots to tackle inactivity Twelve new pilot projects will test bold new approaches to help people who are missing out on physical activity.
- Changing the face of volunteering Our £4.4 million National Lottery investment to attract new and diverse volunteers.
- Power of cricket shines through Cricket charity Chance to Shine will reach more young adults through its popular Street programme.
- Mental health linked to exercise Research backed by us has highlighted the importance of physical activity on mental wellbeing.
- One-to-Watch shortlist announced Ten of the most promising young athletes in the country have been shortlisted for a top award.
- Driving a new Open Data future We're already seeing results from a major national drive to unlock sport and physical activity opportunity data.
In the spotlight
- Families Fund Our Families Fund will offer new opportunities for families with children to get active and play sport together.
- Our vision for volunteering Putting the volunteer at the heart of our efforts is a key feature of our new strategy for volunteering.
- Core market People who already play sport and get active are hugely valuable.
- Local delivery We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in several local pilots to get people active.
- Coaching Good coaching is good for everyone – which is why we've produced The Coaching Plan for England.