New strategy 2016-2021
Our new strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
This Girl Can
This Girl Can is here to inspire women to wiggle, jiggle, move and prove that judgement is a barrier that can be overcome.
Partnering local government
Local government spends around £1 billion per year on sport and leisure. We work closely with local authorities to help them develop sport in their area.
Our Active Lives survey, delivered by Ipsos MORI, is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England. Find out more about the survey, how it works and what kinds of data it measures.
- Community sport stars recognised Rahmo's life was transformed after she discovered boxing at one of our funded Satellite Clubs. Read the full story. Read more
- Team England's Lottery funding boost Could the Gold Coast 2018 be Team England's best ever Commonwealth Games medal haul? Read more
- No ordinary sports project We're working with Street League to help get disadvataged young people into work using the power of sport. Read more
- 2016 School Games a roaring success More than 1,600 talented young people unleashed top performances at the 2016 School Games. Read more
- Together We Will reaches Birmingham We're supporting a nationwide initiative encouraging disabled people to get active. Read more
- Deafblind charity hits hardest to reach We're investing in Sense, the national deafblind charity, to help get more people active in England. Read more
- New partnership to tackle inactivty We’re joining forces with key players from the public sector to tackle inactivity in Greater Manchester. Read more
- Six new board members appointed Meet the six new members of our Board and read about their skills, talents and backgrounds. Read more
In the spotlight
- Research Guide Our guide will help you create research that allows you to understand your target market. Read more
- Use Our School Use Our School is a resource to support schools in opening their facilities to the community and keeping them open. Read more
- Club Matters Hub for sports clubs and volunteers that provides free guidance on aspects of running a club. Read more