Benefits of sport
At the heart of every investment we make is the wider benefits being active can bring – from a person's mental wellbeing to developing new skills.
Towards an Active Nation
Our strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
Find out about our open investment funds and get information on other ways you could secure funding.
Our Active Lives: Adult Survey is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the survey, how it works – and the results from our latest report.
- Getting active in the holidays To help children get active this summer, we’ve put together a collection of hints and tips that will get your creative juices flowing and the lungs blowing.
- £1.3million for health charities We're investing £1.3 million in the Richmond Group of Charities to tackle inactivity in those with long-term health conditions.
- Why we invest in football Investing in the grassroots game is a crucial part of our plan to build an active nation.
- MAN v FAT players lose 100,000lbs MAN v FAT football leagues have helped men lose more than 100,000 pounds of weight since January 2016.
- New Inclusive Activity Programme Disabled people will benefit from a new Activity Alliance programme launched with a £450,000 investment from us.
- Volunteers' Week 2018 The millions of people who give up their time every week are the foundations of all sport played in England.
- New £40m fund to get families active Domestic abuse victims are among more than 15,000 families set to benefit from the new £40 million fund.
- Stars support Backing the Best Backing the Best workshop provides insight into life of an elite athlete as new wave of young athletes gain funding.
In the spotlight
- Got an idea? If you've got an idea that doesn't fit with any of our current funding streams, we'd still like to hear from you.
- Evaluation Framework Our resource helps get the maximum impact from investment in sport and activity.
- This Girl Can A celebration of active women everywhere that proves sport can be enjoyable regardless of size, ability or experience.
- Safeguarding Advice on protecting children and adults who do sport, plus information on the new Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts.
- Active Design Guidance on encouraging sport and physical activity through the design and layout of our built environment.
- Local delivery We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in 12 local pilots to get people active.