Welcome to Sport England
Benefits of sport
At the heart of every investment we make is the wider benefits being active can bring – from a person's mental wellbeing to developing new skills.
Towards an Active Nation
Our strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
Find out about our open investment funds and get information on other ways you could secure funding.
Our Active Lives Surveys are a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the surveys, how they work – and the results from our latest reports.
- New This Girl Can film This Girl Can is back with a brand-new TV advert to inspire more women and girls to take part in physical activity.
- Playing fields safeguarded We've protected sports provision in 94% of planning applications affecting playing fields.
- Funding boost for poorest children We're working with Sport Inspired to help more than 9,000 children from lower socio-economic groups get active.
- Children's activity levels revealed The latest figures from our second Active Lives Children and Young People Survey have been published.
- Catch up on the startups We take a look at how the 10 startups from the OpenActive Accelerator have got on in the last year.
- Para-swimmer named One-to-Watch Para-swimmer and Backing the Best athlete Ellie Challis wins prestigious One-to-Watch award.
- Athletes nominated for award Five of our Backing the Best athletes are nominated for the prestigious SportsAid One-to-Watch award.
- Thanking National Lottery players More than 30 sports organisations have written an open letter highlighting the impact of National Lottery funding.
In the spotlight
- Evaluation Framework Our Evaluation Framework will help you design and deliver an effective evaluation for your sport and physical activity project.
- This Girl Can A celebration of active women everywhere that proves sport can be enjoyable regardless of size, ability or experience.
- Safeguarding Advice on protecting children and adults who do sport, plus information on the new Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts.
- Active Design Guidance on encouraging sport and physical activity through the design and layout of our built environment.
- Local Delivery Pilots We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in 12 local pilots to get people active.