Welcome to Sport England
Benefits of sport
At the heart of every investment we make is the wider benefits being active can bring – from a person's mental wellbeing to developing new skills.
Towards an Active Nation
Our strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
Find out about our open investment funds and get information on other ways you could secure funding.
Our Active Lives Surveys are a new way of measuring sport and activity across England.
Find out more about the surveys, how they work – and the results from our latest reports.
- This Girl Can targets cycling We team up with British Cycling to launch a new strand of the This Girl Can campaign focused on cycling.
- Women's football investments With all eyes on France and the Women's World Cup, we showcase some investments into women's football.
- Investment to tackle loneliness We invest in Carers UK to conduct research on why unpaid older carers are more likely to be lonely and inactive.
- Families helped to get active New project aims to use Olympic and Paralympic movements to encourage families to get active together.
- Mums feel guilty about exercising This Girl Can is encouraging busy mums to prioritise exercise following new figures showing priorities lie elsewhere.
- New community sport campaign Made By Sport gets royal seal of approval as it announces plans to raise £40 million for community sport.
- Coaching mental health course We've worked with partners to develop an online course to educate coaches about mental health.
- Coaching Week 2019 We're showcasing the impact our investments make to dedicated coaches up and down the country.
In the spotlight
- Evaluation Framework Our resource helps get the maximum impact from investment in sport and activity.
- This Girl Can A celebration of active women everywhere that proves sport can be enjoyable regardless of size, ability or experience.
- Safeguarding Advice on protecting children and adults who do sport, plus information on the new Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts.
- Active Design Guidance on encouraging sport and physical activity through the design and layout of our built environment.
- Local Delivery Pilots We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in 12 local pilots to get people active.