Funding for you
Read the latest news and information on our new funding opportunities.
New strategy 2016-2021
Our new strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
This Girl Can
This Girl Can is here to inspire women to wiggle, jiggle, move and prove that judgement is a barrier that can be overcome.
Partnering local government
Local government spends around £1 billion per year on sport and leisure. We work closely with local authorities to help them develop sport in their area.
Our Active Lives survey, delivered by Ipsos MORI, is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England. Find out more about the survey, how it works and what kinds of data it measures.
- Nick Bitel reappointed as Chair Nick Bitel reappointed by the Secretary of State as Chair of Sport England until April 2021. Read more
- New funding coming to your community New funding open to everyone wanting to use local spaces for sport and physical activity. Read more
- Major new funding to keep nation active New investment opportunities to build on the millions of people already doing sport and activity. Read more
- New fund launches to tackle inactivity We're launching a nationwide hunt for brilliant ideas that will help inactive older people to get active. Read more
- Record number of women get active Latest Active People results shows This Girl Can is having a big impact. Read more
- Precious playing fields are protected New data published shows playing fields across the country are being protected against development. Read more
- New volunteering strategy published We take a closer look at our new volunteering strategy and some of the early funding opportunities it presents. Read more
- Coaching plan for England launches Coaching in an Active Nation aims to shake up the way we think about and deliver coaching. Read more
In the spotlight
- Local delivery We're working in new ways to invest time, expertise and money in several local pilots to get people active. Read more
- Volunteering Putting the volunteer at the heart of our efforts is a key feature of our new strategy for volunteering. Read more
- Coaching Good coaching is good for everyone – which is why we've produced The Coaching Plan for England. Read more