Alongside Public Health England we want to drive a step change in the public’s health. Tackling inactivity is a key part of making this step change to reduce the burden of preventable death, disease and disability, and support people and their communities to achieve their potential.
Aligned to our aspiration of getting more people participating in sport once a week Get Healthy, Get Active is focused on those who are Inactive as this is where we can make a significant contribution to reducing health inequalities and produce the greatest potential health benefit.
The Get Healthy, Get Active fund aims to:
- get more inactive people playing sport once a week for at least 30 minutes;
- achieve a better understanding of sports contribution to improving public health and the prevention, treatment and management of long term conditions;
- enable sport and physical activity to be regularly commissioned to meet a wider range of agendas but particularly focusing on reducing health and social care costs;
- achieve a reduction in health inequalities
We are also interested in what needs to be done to ensure the recommendations of the Inactivity and Sport report are met as well as building upon the early learning documented in Get Healthy, Get Active – What We’ve Learnt So Far.
Further information on how to apply can be found by reading the prospectus and attached FAQs. We have also included two case studies from current Get Healthy, Get Active projects, which reflect how they have modelled and predicted their targets. We hope these will be helpful when developing your own applications.
The presentation slides from our recent Get Healthy, Get Active workshops held in Somerset and Warrington will also provide additional useful information for any potential applicants.
We are currently assessing the applications for round two of Get Healthy, Get Active funding, which closed on 26 January 2015.
- File size: 39KB Pre Application Checklist Get Healthy Get Active Download
- File size: 42KB Sample Delivery Plan Get Healthy Get Active Download
- File size: 24KB GHGA Budget And Financial Plan R2 Download
- File size: 97KB Faqs Get Healthy Get Active Download
- File size: 247KB Target Setting Case Study County Durham Sport Download
- File size: 126KB Target Setting Case Study Ukactive Download
- File size: 129KB Evaluation Guidance2 Download
- File size: 203KB Get Healthy Get Active Prospectusfinal3 Download
- File size: 843KB PDF GHGA Application Form Download