New strategy 2016-2021
Our new strategy, Towards an Active Nation, outlines how we’ll get more people doing sport and activity across England.
This Girl Can
This Girl Can is here to inspire women to wiggle, jiggle, move and prove that judgement is a barrier that can be overcome.
Partnering local government
Local government spends around £1 billion per year on sport and leisure. We work closely with local authorities to help them develop sport in their area.
Our Active Lives survey, delivered by Ipsos MORI, is a new way of measuring sport and activity across England. Find out more about the survey, how it works and what kinds of data it measures.
- Deafblind charity hits hardest to reach We're investing in Sense, the national deafblind charity, to help get more people active in England. Read more
- New partnership to tackle inactivty We’re joining forces with key players from the public sector to tackle inactivity in Greater Manchester. Read more
- Six new board members appointed Meet the six new members of our Board and read about their skills, talents and backgrounds. Read more
- Stats show upsurge in people doing sport Boost to grassroots sport as our figures reveal an extra 340,00 people getting active. Read more
- New strategy to tackle inactivity We'll triple our investment to combat inactivity as part of our five-year strategy for sport. Read more
- Backing the Best: first award winners Talented young athletes are being helped to succeed after winning funding from our new Backing the Best scheme. Read more
- SportsAid at 40 - helping the talented As SportsAid celebrates its 40th birthday, we look at how the charity has helped thousands of athletes fulfil their talent. Read more
- Fact or fool? We’re marking April Fools' Day with a collection of sporty trivia to test your grey matter. Read more