With the announcement of the 12 local delivery pilots in December 2017 came the beginning of a challenge that would transform and reshape the way physical inactivity is thought about and how it's tackled.
Rather than a myriad of projects across a plethora of organisations, this would be a journey of collaboration, of exploration and of experimentation, which has required pilots to deepen their understanding of the ‘local systems’ and really immerse themselves in the reality of people's lives.
We spoke to each of the 12 areas and asked them to tell us about their place, who’s involved, their focus, what they’ve been up to and what’s coming next – you can download their stories below.
Local Delivery Pilot portraits
- Birmingham and Solihull Sep 18 File size: 78KB Download
- Bradford Sep 18 File size: 0.32MB Download
- Calderdale Sep 18 File size: 0.28MB Download
- Doncaster Sep 18 File size: 0.63MB Download
- Essex Sep 18 File size: 0.14MB Download
- Exeter and Cranbrook Sep 18 File size: 0.11MB Download
- Greater Manchester Sep 18 File size: 0.45MB Download
- Hackney Sep 18 File size: 0.28MB Download
- Pennine Lancashire Sep 18 File size: 0.15MB Download
- Southall Sep 18 File size: 73KB Download
- South Tees Sep 18 File size: 68KB Download
- Withernsea Sep 18 File size: 90KB Download