This page was last updated on 11 February
The frequently asked questions (FAQs) below relate to changes announced by the government on 19 January, which relate to England moving out of Plan B restrictions.
We've developed these FAQs with the government and they're intended to support you to understand what the changes mean for sport and physical activity in England.
- There are no set restrictions on how many people can take part in sport and physical activity, indoors and outdoors.
- All forms of activities can take place without set restrictions. We advise you to refer to your national governing bodies’ (NGBs) guidance where relevant.
- All sports facilities can open, including ancillary facilities. There are no indoor capacity limits, however venues may put in place some guidance or measures to manage their facility.
- Organised sport participation events such as (but not limited to) races, rides and organised walks can take place outdoors with no capacity caps for participants or spectators.
- Government guidance for sport and physical activity provides advice on how to reduce transmission when you’re exercising.