Tell us about your project idea
Maybe it’s an exercise class in a care home, an inner city basketball project or a new combined leisure centre, GP surgery and library in the heart of a rural community. Whatever it is, if you’ve got a great project idea, we’d like to hear about it and discuss whether it’s something we could potentially fund.
Here’s what to do
To tell us about your project idea, you can either call us on 0345 8508 508 or email email@example.com
One of our colleagues will take some initial details, and then ask one of our investment fund leads to contact you directly to have a more detailed conversation.
If not, we’ll be able to tell you about the new investment programmes we’re developing and when they’re likely to be open for new applications. Some will be opening very soon.
Don’t worry – you won’t be making an application at this stage, so you don’t have to prepare any long documents or fill in a form. We’d just like to discuss your idea.
You can also sign up to our newsletter to be kept up to date on all of our funding options.
What we’re looking for
Following publication of our new strategy Towards an Active Nation in May this year, we’re changing the way we invest money, including simplifying our funding programmes, the application process and our approach to evaluation.
Our seven new investment programmes are:
- Tackling inactivity – to help the 28 per cent of people in England who don’t currently do any sport or physical activity
- Children and young people – to work with children from the age of five to increase children’s basic competence and enjoyment in relation to sport and physical activity
- Volunteering – focusing on the motivations and needs of the volunteers so that volunteering in sport attracts more people from a wider range of backgrounds
- Taking sport and activity into the mass market – focusing on the sports and activities that have mass appeal and can get large numbers of people active
- Supporting sport’s core markets (including talented athletes) – supporting those who already have a strong affinity for sport in a more efficient and sustainable way
- Local delivery – exploring new ways of working locally by investing in up to 10 specific areas to pilot new, more joined up approaches to getting people active
- Creating welcoming sports facilities – with a new Community Asset Fund, and continuing our successful Strategic Facilities Fund, prioritising multi-sport facilities and, wherever possible, co-locating them with other local services.
If you can, we’d like it if you could take some time to read our new strategy and think about how your project fits.
We’re looking forward to talking to you.