Our strategy puts tackling inactivity at the heart of what we do, and we're increasing the amount we invest in helping people to become active.
As part of this work we are investing £5 million through the Tackling Inactivity in Colleges programme into projects that will support college students to be more active.
Why we're investing in further education
The college audience is large and diverse. There are currently 2.9 million students in England and more underrepresented groups than in any other educational setting.
Figures show that you are also less likely to be active if you are studying at college, compared to those studying at schools and universities.
There are currently 300,000 college students aged 16-19 that are currently inactive, with levels of activity declining when students transition from school to colleges.
The aim of this new programme is to provide workforce funding to support Colleges who are committed to reducing the number of physically inactive college students.
This is an open and competitive funding round for Further Education and Sixth Form Colleges, to deliver two year projects from September 2017 to August 2019.
Applications opened on 13 February 2017 and will close at 5pm on Monday 20 March 2017. Download the documents below for more information about the fund.
Please note, if you are applying to our Tackling Inactivity in Colleges programme, you will need to select the FE Activation Fund on the application form.
- File size: 820KB Tackling Inactivity in Colleges.pdf Download
- File size: 50KB Tackling Inactivity in Colleges Application Questions.pdf Download
- File size: 233KB Tackling Inactivity in Colleges Funding Guidance.pdf Download
- File size: 1565KB Tackling Inactivity in Colleges funding slides.pdf Download
- File size: 60KB Tacking Inactivty in Colleges FAQs.pdf Download