This section is all about the things which need to be investigated and checked before detailed work or negotiations can take place.
These are the things which could effectively sink the project before it gets underway – and can help to make sure it has a successful outcome.
- 2A: Purpose and vision Working out the purpose of the asset transfer is the first stage of the process.
- 2B: Getting organised and fit for purpose It is important to have the right structure in place.
- 2C: Having the right people involved Getting the right people in the right places can be key.
- 2D: Know your asset It’s very important to become familiar with the site you want to take on.
- 2E: Fitting in with public policy What are the most important policy frameworks?
- 2F: Engaging your community The asset transfer should provide clear benefits to the local community.
- 2G: Finding partners As your plans develop, you may need specific partners to assist.