How do I carry out a DBS check if a volunteer is not a UK national?

If you have a potential volunteer from overseas and their role requires a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, you will need:

  • A DBS check which covers the period of time they’ve spent in the UK (if any)
  • A check carried out by the authorities in their previous country/countries of residence.

The procedures for obtaining police checks for foreign nationals differ from country to country.

See the following links for more information: - Criminal records checks for overseas applicants