I’m concerned about the welfare of one of the children at the club. What should I do?

If you have any concerns about the welfare of a child at your club, you should report this appropriately. Child Protection should be part of your club’s safeguarding procedures, and you should follow the procedures outlined by your club.

If you believe a child is in immediate danger, you need to contact the police.

If your club does not have the appropriate procedures in place regarding child protection there are other organisations you can contact:

National governing bodies

If your sport is associated with a national governing body (NGB) you can contact them with your concerns. The NGB will have a procedure in place on how to deal with your concern.

County sports partnerships

If your sport is not associated with a NGB, you can contact your local county sport partnership (CSP).

Social Services

You can also contact your local Social Services. Your local authority will have a contact number for Social Services in your area.

See the following links for more information:

Child Protection in Sport Unit - Help and advice

Child Protection in Sport Unit - NGBs and contacts within the NGB

Child Protection in Sport Unit - List of CSPs

Direct.gov - Find your local authority