How do I carry out a DBS check if a volunteer is British but is known to have lived abroad?

If a potential volunteer is British but has lived abroad and their role requires a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, they will need:

  • A DBS check which covers the period of time they’ve spent in the UK
  • A police check that covers the period they were overseas.

The procedure for obtaining foreign police checks differs from country to country.

See the following links for more information: - Criminal records checks for overseas applicants