England Programmes specialise in talent identification and work with British Swimming to develop swimmers with the ability to join British Swimming’s World Class Programme.
The England Programmes team aim to:
- Provide an environment which promotes outstanding foundation skills, aerobic development and four stroke efficiency to enable participation at the 2020 and/or 2024 Olympic Games
- Provide up-to-date, progressive and innovative swimming education to ensure swimmers and parents are knowledgeable and well-informed
- Provide the link between ASA counties, ASA regions and British Swimming
- Identifying swimmers through skill acquisition, profiling and tracking along the swimming pathway.
Pathway to podium success
There are four phases in the England Programmes pathway to podium success:
- Phase 1 – Development Camp
- Phase 2 – Stroke Camp
- Phase 3 – International
- Phase 4 – England 2020
The aim of each phase is to develop and enhance skills and knowledge to inspire swimmers to achieve. Find out more about the pathway.
There are currently 58 athletes on the talent pathway who are supported by our Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence (AASE). 37 athletes also receive funding from SportsAid and two through our latest scheme supporting talented young athletes, Backing the Best.