It is aimed at Headteachers, Governors, Business Managers, Sports Centre Managers and all those responsible for establishing, sustaining and growing community activity on school sites. It will also be a useful and informative resource point for sport partners, Local Authorities and anyone working with schools around facility use.
What are the costs?
There is no cost to use the toolkit.
What will it tell me?
The resource includes:
- 14 topic pages on the most common areas of interest for schools, providing ideas and solutions around concerns and barriers. Including how to make the case for community use, operating safely and how to manage your finances to generate an income.
- A bank of resources comprising of practical guidance, tools, templates and examples. These include VAT Guidance, a facility pricing tool and sample job descriptions for Community Facility Managers.
- A wide range of good practice case studies, searchable by theme which cover lessons learnt, top tips and a key contact for follow up.
- Video clips from key advocates who are involved with community use of schools including Head Teachers, Governors and Clubs.
- Frequently asked questions (which will be updated on an on-going basis).
- A feedback form where you can share your own good practice, post a query or request further support.
Where can I find out more?
Please visit: http://www.sportengland.org/useourschool/