This fund closed to applications on Monday 24 March 2014. If you are a successful applicant, please visit our Promoting your project page for tips and templates to help you publicise your award.
The information on this page and within the downloadable documents is still very relevant to any school who wants to improve their activity space.
Having the right place to play sport and be physically active as a child is vital in ensuring that more children are active and that is why we’re investing £18 million of National Lottery funding to improve primary school Physical Education (PE), sport and activity facilities.
A recent consultation with around 3,000 primary schools told us that they have very little or no outside space which can currently be used for physical education (P.E.) or sport, making it difficult for such sessions to take place.
We have therefore established the Primary Spaces fund to help primary schools who have little or no outside space.
The Primary Spaces fund, which will help more schools create sports spaces, is similar to our Inspired Facilities programme. Schools will receive up to £30,000 to spend on a range of specially created packages which can be tailored to meet their needs.
The fund aims to help provide outdoor multi-sport areas which can be used both within the curriculum and out of school hours. As well as helping provide sports facilities, staff and volunteers at the school will receive information on how best to use the new facilities and equipment to help children get active.
Whilst we want to help as many schools as possible, priority is given to those primary schools which currently have little or no outside space which can be used for P.E. or sports sessions.
Primary Spaces opened to applications on 24 February 2014 and closed on 24 March 2014.
- File size: 82KB School Activation Guide Download
- File size: 171KB Primary Spaces Activity Sheets Landscape Download
- File size: 581KB Primary Spaces Activity Sheets Portrait Download
- File size: 1015KB Employment And Deployment Of Coaches Download
- File size: 735KB Professional Learning Model Download
- File size: 322KB Primary Spaces Sample Application Form Download
- File size: 657KB Primary School Physical Literacy Framework Download
- File size: 6060KB Tender Process and Roles and Responsibilities Download
- File size: 8796KB Primary Spaces - Component specifications and safety standards Download