We've spoken to the people behind seven different community-based projects to help you think about applying for investment to help develop – and ultimately deliver – a project that has local support.
From the highs and lows, to what they might do differently, the stories reveal how like-minded groups and organisations achieved their overall goal, and turned an initial idea into a developed plan, a finalised application and then to reality.
- Furness Vale Field They've not only built a field that their football team can finally use, they've made a green space for all the community to enjoy.
- Campus Pool Skate Park A truly original and sustainable adaption of a facility, and one which is serving its community.
- AcroNova Gymnasium From a modern, energy-efficient and accessible building, AcroNova are growing an ambitious club.
- Waterfront sports and education academy Waterfront has grown from a group of friends training together to hundreds of members coming through their doors.
- ELFDA This collaboration of three local football leagues has created a new approach to protecting and maintaining football pitches.
- Kiveton Community Sports Park This former coal pit has transformed into a Trust providing sporting activities helping to improve the lives of local residents.
- Manvers case study This small canoe club has transitioned into a thriving multi-sports facility used by the local and wider community.