Good quality, affordable sport and leisure facilities are important in getting more people active – and we're working with partners to help deliver them.
Key to this is selecting the most appropriate facility management model.
We've received a number of requests for advice on how to select the best facility management model, which is why we've published the document.
This guidance – plus accompanying case studies and glossary of terms – is an introduction to the different facility management options and aims to help partners adopt a strategic approach to decision making.
The guidance focuses on a number of key issues and questions, including:
- What are the needs of the local community and what resources are available?
- What priorities do partners have – are there any particular users/groups that they want to engage?
- What outcomes do partners want to achieve?
- What management options are available?
- What are the key features, advantages/disadvantages and legal implications of each option?
- Where have these options been implemented before and what were the outcomes?
The document will be updated regularly to reflect changes in regulations, market trends and best practice – your feedback will help us do this.
Please email with any questions or feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org.