These notes and drawings will help you develop your swimming pool proposals and understand the relationships between the:
- Specifications and sustainability
- Capital funding
- Usage programme
- Operating budgets.
We also highlight how a one-stop-shop procurement route can speed up and simplify the planning, design and construction of your pool.
They can be used to:
- Develop feasibility studies and option appraisals
- Establish a robust project brief
- Develop the business plan and operational budget
- Select a procurement route and project programme
- Validate project details
- Form a template for a future project.
The documents detail stand-alone four, five, six and eight lane pools plus supporting pool options. They are compliant with our other relevant guidance and current industry standards, and have been considered by leisure operators and building contractors.
Affordable community swimming pools brochure
A short brochure summarising the key issues explored in more detail in the main affordable community pools documents.
Affordable community swimming pools
The detailed document that supports the brochure and comprises the detailed information in relation to planning, design, capital costs, operational costs, procurement and delivery.
Adobe Reader PDF downloadable plan, section and elevation drawings of the various Community Swimming Pools can be found below.
- 4 Lane Pool PDF Set File size: 0.64MB Download
- 5 Lane Pool PDF Set File size: 0.64MB Download
- 6 Lane Pool PDF Set File size: 0.64MB Download
- 6 Lane Pool Plus PDF Set File size: 0.69MB Download
- 8 Lane Pool PDF Set File size: 0.67MB Download
- 8 Lane Pool Plus PDF Set File size: 0.68MB Download
- Affordable Community Swimming Pools Brochure 2011 Dec Rev1 File size: 1.07MB Download
- Affordable Community Swimming Pools R003 2012 File size: 4.75MB Download