There are three pillars (outcomes) of human resources in self assurance.
Click on the plus sign for the building blocks (supporting outcomes) of human resources, then find some Things to Think About to help you develop your Governance, Finance and Control framework.
Legal obligations to employees and volunteers have been met
An employee induction programme is in place with policies and procedures to support employees new to the organisation
A sound system of staff and volunteer development and performance management is in place
- HR 8.1 All employees have been provided with signed written particulars of employment.
- HR 8.2 Job descriptions provided for each role capture the key areas of responsibility and activity for the individual concerned.
- HR 9.1 An employee induction programme has been developed with policies and procedures to support employees new to their organisation or new to their role.
- HR 9.2 HR policies should be in place which are appropriate and proportionate to your organisation and in line with legal requirements.
- HR 9.3 Is it clear how a volunteer’s role fits into the structure of your organisation?
- HR 10.1 An annual performance appraisal system is documented and in place for all staff members and key volunteers.
- HR 10.2 The Board has completed a performance appraisal of the Chief Executive in the past year.